• Photo ID- To complete this agreement, a photo identification of the Point of Contact will be required.
• Event Periods - Rooms are rented in 2-hour or full day increments between the hours of 7am-11pm daily. The room must be vacated of all persons and belongings at the end of the specified event period. Hours of use must include the amount of time needed for the setup, function, and cleanup, including any time needed by the caterer, coordinator, sound checks, florist, etc. Early setup and late tear down will be charged accordingly. Refunds are not issued for unused hours.
• Reservations/Deposit/Event Fees - A signed agreement and the date-hold deposit must be received to reserve date(s) and time(s). The balance of your event fee is due seven (7) days prior to your event. Any event planned with less than a seven (7) day notice will require payment in full. No terms are implied or granted and no work will be allowed to commence until full payment is received.
• Date-Hold deposit according to the price chart is considered a refundable security deposit subject to this agreement. Failure to abide by this agreement may result in the forfeiture of the security deposit.
• A $30.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks. *It is illegal to write a check from an account that you know has insufficient funds!
• Cancellation - Notice of cancellation must be given at least 1 week (7 calendar days) in advance of the date reserved otherwise a 20% cancellation fee will be assessed (20% of total room event fees will be taken out of the deposit). J.P. Jones Center accepts no responsibility for cancellations due to inclement weather, natural disasters, or other acts of Nature. All of the above restrictions and penalties may apply.
• Building Access - Clients are restricted to the areas outlined in their contract and are responsible for the security of their event. POCs are not to provide access to any persons other than those of their group, for any purpose. Access to the Center will be made available to the POC and their organization by J.P. Jones Center staff prior to the event. If it is necessary to assign a building code, the code will be assigned to the Person/point of Contact (POC) after the event agreement is completed; it is the POC’s responsibility to safeguard the code and regulate its usage.
• Equipment – Tables and chairs are available for use at no extra charge. It is the responsibility of the client to setup and arrange their designated event area. All equipment and furnishings must be returned to their original places and each area must be reconfigured to its original state after all events. The value of any J.P. Jones equipment removed from the property will be deducted from the POC’s security deposit and/or reported to the appropriate authorities.
• Children - Children under the age of 18 will be supervised at all times.
• Wheelchair lift - The J.P. Jones Center Lift is NOT A SERVICE ELEVATOR. The Chair Lift has a maximum capacity of 750 pounds (to include a person, a chair and an escort). Any damages caused by overloading or using the Lift in a matter that does not align with its function will result in the POC paying fees associated with the damages.
• Catering /Kitchen Standards - We highly recommend that a caterer familiar with the J.P. Jones Center be used for your event. Our recommended caterers have experience working at the J.P. Jones Center and are familiar with our regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Insurance - All caterers working at the J.P. Jones Center are required to have a valid Certificate of Insurance and Food Worker Card..
• Kitchen Policy - J.P. Jones Center kitchen is for production, and is to be used for final food presentation, plating and bussing only. The kitchen production space will be provided in a clean condition and the space should be returned to a clean condition immediately following the event, please refer to check lists posted in the kitchen production area.
• Internet: Host is J P JONES Center Mesh-guest.
• Site Decorations - The J.P. Jones Center wants to make every event here a special and welcomed experience. Therefore, every effort will be made to allow POC to prepare decorations reflecting their creativity or any cultural requirements. No nails, screws, staples, or penetrating items are to be used on our walls, floors, or ceilings; only low tack tape is allowed on our floors, walls, and ceilings. POC is responsible for any damage.
• Live Music/DJs/Noise - J.P. Jones Center encourages music, dancing, and appropriate entertainment. However, please be aware that these premises are located near a residential area and therefore, neighborhood noise regulations do apply. If a POC’s event creates a disturbance due to high noise volume, J.P. Jones Center’s Management has full authority to ask the POC, DJ, or live musicians to turn the entertainment down and/or off. In the event of disturbance to the point of expulsion, no portion of the event costs will be refunded to the client.
• Noise Variance - Loud music must end by 10:00 pm Monday - Sunday. A Noise Variance may be applied for from the City of Fairbanks by the POC.
• Conduct - Absolutely NO drug or alcohol use is allowed. The J P Jones Center is a smoke free facility. Smoking within 25 feet of the building entrances is not allowed. No loitering or congregating outside on the sidewalk at any time during the event. Disparaging remarks or any type of physical violence will not be tolerated and will be cause for immediate expulsion. POC and guests shall use the premises in a considerate manner at all times.
• Underage Events - During underage events, such as school dances, it is mandatory to have adult supervision and/or chaperones and we prefer that underage individuals do not have in-and-out privileges.
• Disorderly Conduct - Conduct deemed disorderly, at the sole discretion of Management, shall be grounds for immediate expulsion from the premises and conclusion of the scheduled period. In such case no refund of the event cost shall be made.
• Pets - Pets are not permitted inside the J.P. Jones Center. Service animals are permitted inside the J.P. Jones Center with pre-approval.
• Cleaning - Please help keep our Center clean and orderly! You are responsible for cleaning your area(s) following the use of the facility. A cleanup list is attached to your copy of the contract, failure to do so may result in your deposit being forfeited.
If the event is after normal business hours, the POC will contact J.P. Jones the day prior to their event to obtain a code.
a) Client agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold the JP Jones Center and its principals, agents, assigns, or successors in interest harmless against loss of damage to the Property and from any and all claims, costs, and liabilities including property damage and claims for personal injury to or death of persons arising in any respect from Client’s use of the Property or from the conduct of its charitable or other activities or Client’s possession of the Property or from any activity, work, or things which may be permitted or suffered by Client in or about the Property, whether known or unknown, voluntary or involuntary, foreseeable or unforeseeable. Client’s obligation shall include, but not be limited to, the burden and expense of defending all claims, suits, and administrative proceedings even if such claims, suits, or proceedings are groundless, false, or fraudulent, and conducting all negotiations of any description, and paying and discharging, when and as the same become due, any and all judgments, penalties, or other sums due against such indemnified persons.
b) Client waives any and all claims and damages against the JP Jones Center, whether general, direct, or consequential, foreseeable or unforeseeable, including but not limited to injury to Client’s business operations or Client’s property, or to the property of Client’s employees, invitees, recipients of Client’s services, or any other person in or about the Property, whether electricity, gas, water, or rain, or from the breakage, leakage, obstruction or other defects of pipes, sprinklers, wires, appliances, plumbing, air conditioning, windows, furnaces or boilers, lighting fixtures, or from any other cause, whether the damage or injury results from the condition of the Property or otherwise.
c) The obligations of Client under this event agreement and specifically including this sub-section (Indemnification) and all of its subparts shall survive the expiration or termination of this event agreement, the discharge of all other obligations owed by the parties to each other, and any transfer of title to the Property by any means.
I have read the Event Terms of Agreement and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this agreement. I agree to use only the area(s) contracted in this agreement on the scheduled day(s) and time(s) outlined. I understand if I cancel this contract within 7 days of the event, I will be charged a 20% cancellation fee. I agree to compensate, defend, and hold the J.P. Jones Center, building owners, officers, employees, and agents harmless of and from any liabilities, costs, penalties or expenses arising out of and/or resulting from the event and use of the premises. I understand my deposit check will be returned to me if the Center is left in a satisfactory state of cleanliness and order. By signing this Event Agreement, I understand my signature and payment confirms my reservation with the JP Jones Center and guarantees me access to the facility.
Building Access Code will not be given out until application and payment is complete.
After Hours Contact: Staff is not usually on site after 5pm weekdays or weekends.
_____Clear away all food, drink, and decorations
_____Return equipment to closets (amp, speakers, mic’s, projectors, ect.
_____Put away tables and chairs. Stack chairs 10 high
_____Sweep floors, mop up spills, trash may be deposited in our dumpster outside. Key is in the janitor’s closet by front desk.
_____Check for items left behind.
_____Check that windows are closed and locked
_____If kitchen was used, wipe counters, mop floor, clean all appliances used such as coffee urns, microwave, toaster, blender or hot pots.
_____Wash all dishes, drain sinks
_____Shut off vent hood fan.
_____Remove all personal food and utensils.
_____Turn off all lights and make sure doors are closed and locked.